May 8, 2009

The Ultimate Sacrifice

Okay, my posts are just becoming me saying how much I don't like Coach, but I have to admit he's fun to watch, particularly as his world crumbles around him and he still think he's in charge enough to brag to his "loved one", "they call me Dragonslayer."

I've been searching for something to suggest that Coach really is a coach. I mean, can you be a Coach in Missouri AND the artistic director and conductor of a symphony in California. Are both states so short on coaches and conductors that they needed to outsource their positions? And, what's with all of his meditation, new-agey hoo-ha? He coaches for a Baptist school in the Bible belt - that doesn't seem to fit.

Seems that he is no longer a coach now that he's been let go. It seems that he told everyone he had to go to California to have two months of tests for brain cancer. (Of course this can't be a lie since he doesn't lie so he must have dragonslayed his tumor.) He doesn't seem to worried now that Hollywood has called.

Here is a particularly nice quote from Ben (no longer Coach.) "I am phenomenal at manipulating people. … I manipulate my assistant coaches. My highest-paid assistant coach right now is getting $5,000 a year. I have a staff of six. It’s the biggest coaching staff in the NCAA. Nobody has six coaches. I have these girls come and pay $20,000 a year to come and play for my school and not give them a dime of scholarship, there’s others that I do. I’m awesome at manipulating.”

Andrew may be unbeatable at this point but second place is up for grabs. Remember, second place requires that you pick the final survivor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So what's wrong with reiterating how much you dislike Coach?? I HATE HATE HATE him. YOu know, this is the first season where there is no single person that I really like and root for. I mean, I like Taj OK but ... She's no Ozzie or Yau Man or Terry...

Kim

Post a Comment